Tuesday, December 29, 2009

18 months goes by fast...

This is Cael's latest work of art :)

Cael is sitting on a mound of snow/ice in the front yard over the weekend. Mark had just spent about 2 hours shoveling the driveway and it started snowing again.
It seems like it was only yesterday that I gave birth to my handsome boy. Today he is 18 months old.. He'll be going to kindergarten before I know it. :(
So one of his favorite new toys is a Magnidoodle.. Last night he was letting me draw pictures for him. I would draw the different animals and would make noises. Well I wrote his first name, CAEL, and said it. He repeated it. Then I wrote his middle name, ZYWOT, and said them together. He then said "Morgan." So now our new game is for me to say "Cael Zywot.." and he says "Morgan." How cute is that? Such a smart boy..

He is already trying to count.. His favorite number is 9. As he starts to climb up the stairs he says "9, 2..." So I correct him and say "1" he then will say " 2, 3.." he will also say 6. Tonight in the tub he actually was saying "1, 2, 3" then splashing the water.

The other funny thing he did recently was repeat his Daddy's first name. The three of us were sitting on the couch watching a movie Saturday and I wanted Mark's attention without also getting Cael's attention. So I said, "Mark" and then Cael turned to him and also said "Mark." We quickly corrected him and I ensure I call him Daddy when Cael is around. Sunday night when Mark was at work Cael was walking around saying what sounded like either Mark or mulk (milk). :) It is so fun trying to figure out what he is saying.. So often he looks at me with the most serious expression while he goes on and on and I have no idea what he is saying.
I just wanted to provide another update... Next week we get to find out if Cael will have a little brother or sister so I am super excited.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you forgot he also says "I broke it" and wondering how a boy so smart doesnt say Beesha! I am waiting patiently for that day... I love the Potatoe head. He gets all that artistic talent from you? Gotta build a snowman and put potatoe head nose,etc on it...lol. I love you all and miss you terribly. XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the picture of Cael on the snow! I saw it at Grandpa's house before I saw the blog and thought it was super cute!
    It's amazing how fast they grow up!

    ReplyDelete