Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting in the holiday spirit...



My mother-in-law asked me to take pictures of Cael in front of the tree.. so I did. :) Last night I tried to get him to hold still for a few pictures. He is now at the age where he poses, which is quite funny.
We bought a new pre-lit tree this year which is great. I probably saved about 1-2 hours of time by not stringing lights. I did buy some shatterproof ornaments as I knew Cael would think he should throw the balls. And he did. He has been really good about not messing with the tree. If the lights are not plugged in he will stand in front of the tree saying 'more, more' until we plug it in. Then he says, 'pretty.' :) On the drive home from daycare he'll say 'pretty' all the way home as we drive by homes lit up with Christmas lights.
Well, we are expecting a blizzard of sorts tonight. Yuck! It started snowing yesterday just before we headed to church at about 12:45pm and continued into the night. I think we only got a couple of inches at most. It then snowed a bit this morning, quiet during the day, but it has started again tonight. We are suppose to receive another 8-12 inches by Wednesday. They already cancelled school for tomorrow.
And guess what the kicker is?! I am suppose to fly to California tomorrow for work. I was hoping my flight would get canceled but no such luck. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. It is not that I mind going, but I hate leaving my family and none of my clothes fit so I don't want to go see clients or people from work that only see me every couple of months or so. I am happy to have my body grow bigger as I have a growing baby but I hate this stage of not fitting into things - not normal clothes and not maternity clothes. Can I just wear jammies every day? :)
We took Cael to the doctor this last Friday because he had been sick with a cough and runny nose for almost two weeks and the cough got worse. So he is on another antibiotic for a sinus infection.. poor little guy. Hopefully the augmentin will do the trick.
Well I hope you are all well and ready for Christmas. I feel like there is so much yet to do, including getting our pictures taken.. Oh well, a day at a time right.
Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. The tree looks so pretty! I am glad Cael is enjoying it! Can never get enough pictures so keep them coming! I love you all!

    PS I am hoping they cancelled your flight as well, the weather looks bad in the west....call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute photos of Cael and your tree is wonderful...take good care and have a beautiful Christmas !

    ReplyDelete