Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not much new...

Emmett is relaxing and it is almost time for me to get Cael so I'd thought I just blog a bit. :)
I bought some collage picture frames from Hobby Lobby a week or so ago and so I've been going through pictures to decide which ones to use. I bought a frame for each boy. There are so many cute pictures of Cael from over the years it is hard to pick the 6 I need for this project. Do I include ones from when he was an infant or just recent ones? And then Emmett has only been around 7 weeks (to the day as a matter of fact), and it is true what they say... you don't take as many pictures the second time around. I have some cute ones of Emmett, don't get me wrong, but not as many. I know what I need to do...TAKE MORE PICTURES!
There were about 3 weeks when Emmett was super fussy until about 1am. That is no longer an issue (yippee), though he still stays up until 11ish before going down for the night. It wouldn't be so bad if he would sleep until 6 but he is still waking up at about 4 or 4:30. Hopefully in the next week and a half his belly will continue to grow and he will be able to sleep longer. :) I go back to work on Monday, 07/19. I have mixed emotions about it of course. I am excited to have something else to think about, yet I don't want to leave my little guy. I admire the stay at home moms who can do it all. And I'm so appreciative of my mom who was a single mother for so many years. I love my boys but when they are crying at the same time, Cael won't go to bed, and Emmett needs to nurse, I am ready to pull my hair out. Of course the next minute they are angels and I am ready for a 3rd. :) Just kidding! Not quite. We are thinking of waiting 3 years before that next step... that way Cael will be in kindergarten and Emmett will hopefully be ready for a baby.
I hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend! Mark was able to have a LOOOOONG weekend which was really nice. He took me to see Eclipse last Thursday during the day, Friday we had some routine doctor appoints, Saturday we went to the pool and had friends over to watch the UFC fights, Sunday we went over to friends for a party, and Monday we recuperated. Here are Cael's latest measurements:
Length: 36.5 inches, 93 percentile
Weight: 31 lbs 13 oz, 88 percentile
His head is still in the 100 percentile! I think it was 20.5 inches :)
Emmett's next appointment is the week of 07/19 and I am sure he'll weigh in around 13 lbs... we'll see.

I hope you all are well!

1 comment:

  1. Life is full of adjustments, just when you think there is a routine, things change. Learn to roll with it and make the most of it. Always good and bad days for everyone. You are a great Mom, those boys are lucky to have you. Glad you were able to have a long weekend with the family and some good mom and dad time! Love you, ttyl...

    ReplyDelete