Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cael went potty twice today!

So yesterday when Mark picked Cael up from school, Cael was trying to go potty. He did not end up going then and did not go at home last night. Well, today when he got up from his nap he asked to go and went!!! He then went again in the afternoon. When I picked him up today he was wearing pants provided by the daycare because he had missed the toilet on his shorts for the day, and the backup pair we keep there. :) So tonight when we got home I tried to get him to go again but he didn't. He did wear his Elmo underwear for a couple of hours and never peed on them. I am so proud of him and made sure he knew it. We will see if maybe we can get him to go pee on the potty in the morning when he wakes up.

Sunday I gave him an ice cream cone for a treat. He loved it!!! Who doesn't like ice cream?

Hey my cutie!!!

So Cael has an ear infection. He has been snotty and coughing for the last couple of weeks. We are flying to NC on Saturday so I wanted him checked out before getting on the plane. He never had a fever but the gunk was not going away.. sure enough he has an ear infection so we are treating it with antibiotics.
Cael is saying so many new words, phrases, sentences... it is amazing. I must relay the funniest story. So one day I was down here at the computer and had Cael and Emmett down here with me. Mark and I sleep down here so the baby monitor is down here on the dresser and it was on. We had the TV on upstairs so you could here the TV show. Cael was looking at the monitor so I explained it was how mommy can hear him and Emmett when she is down here. All of a sudden he said, "cheeseburger no pickles please." LOL! I guess I take my child to the drive-thru too much! That is what I order for him. Then last weekend we were in JCPenney and someone came over the intercom, paging another employee. Cael again yelled out "cheeseburger no pickles please." I talk to my mom on the phone and often have it on speakerphone so I can multi-task. He said the same thing to her one day. What a character!
We were having a difficult time with him going to bed but he has been better for me the last couple of days. It could be that his ear was bothering him and he just didn't express it... OR he is two and testing his boundaries. :) I will prevail!!!
I use the Wal-Mart website to upload pictures and print them out. It is great because I can have them ready at any Wal-Mart, so I order them for my mom, Mark's mom, and grandparents. Well I decided to create a scrapbook/photo album using their website for Cael's first year. I know, I know, it is horrible I had not done that yet. Well, I must say I liked doing it that way. You can pick the theme, the layout, make comments, and then use whatever pictures you want. That was so much easier then keeping pictures organized along with little cutesy things... at least for me. So I just wanted to recommend it. I think the book turned out really cute and it will last.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Cael! I hope the potty training will move swiftly now that he has decided to go for it. Patience and planning for the mishaps is the big thing. It will be so nice to only have one in diapers.

    Remember he is always is watching and learning all you say and all you....learning how to order in the drive thru is important!

    Love to all, XOXOXOXOXOXOOX

    ReplyDelete