Sunday, June 20, 2010

1 month and we are surviving :)

Two little ones is a lot of work but I think we are adjusting well.
We did find out when Emmett was a week old that he has a sensitive tummy like Cael - MSPI. This means he has intolerances to milk and soy proteins. So mommy is back on the diet. I don't mind it so much but I was hoping Emmett would not have the same problems, and not just for my benefit. It seems all the milk and soy has made it out of my system and Emmett overall is doing better. Like babies he has his fussy moments and sometimes they are due to something I have eaten... I've discovered he does not do well when I eat eggs. I can eat them in a cake mix but not straight. No more scrambled eggs for breakfast for a while.
Cael seems to be adjusting well. For the last several days he has been laying down for his nap and bedtime without any fussing. We read a story, sing a song, and he is down. I am very thankful for this. There in the beginning I was fighting Cael to stay in his bed while trying to nurse Emmett or settle him down. Cael has stopped coming to us when he has pooped his diaper. Most of the time we smell it to know we need to change it. I know they say boys are harder to potty train and with Emmett still being new it will be even harder. The other challenge I would like to take on is Cael's binkies. He only uses them at night but I would like to go ahead and get rid of those all together. I am hoping we can do that soon.
My sister Jenilee came to town for 11 days which was AWESOME!!!

Jenilee makes delicious cakes and so she made me a strawberry cake I can eat (no milk or soy products in the ingredients). It was YUMMY! Cael helped Aunt Jen decorate the cake.
He kept 'accidentally' getting the frosting on his fingers when helping. :)
Aunt Jen was a big help by holding Emmett while mommy played, fed, bathed, and put Cael to bed at night.
It was great having some bonding time with my little sis.

Here is Cael loving the chocolate 'muffins' Aunt Jen made. Cael has a Mickey Mouse book he loves for us to read over and over about Mickey making muffins for his friends.

My handsome boys!

This guy is monkeying around with one eye open. :)

Mommy loves her boys!

He looks like Cael but there is something that looks very different - I am not sure what.
Emmett has more hair then Cael did. It does have a reddish tint just like Cael's did and his eyes right now are the slate blue color. Though I think Emmett's eyes are lighter... maybe they'll end up hazel like mommy and daddy instead of DARK eyes like Cael.


Emmett is already filling out that loose skin at 4 weeks old! He is getting bigger right before my eyes.
At 3 weeks old he was already 10lbs and 2 oz!

Snuggling with daddy!

Here we go for a ride!

This is Emmett Lee at 1 month old! Time flies when you are having fun!!!
Mark calls him Easy E sometimes. :)

3 comments:

  1. I miss you guys!! I miss snuggling with Mr. Emmett and I miss watching "Freshbeat Band" with Cael, oh, and Ming Ming too. Of course I miss you and Mark too. Thanks for having me. I had so much fun and loved getting to hang out with my favorite big sister. We'll have to do it again!! Kisses to the precious boys from Aunt Jen and Uncle Joe. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute boys! They are both changing so quickly so take lots of pictures! (and post them) We never get enough. I love and miss you all so much....sniff, sniff. You are great parents, some days will be more challenging than others, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are surviving! Looks like your doing more than just surviving...looks like Emmett's THRIVING! He is so cute!
    Aunt Jen's cake looks yummy...glad you got some treats you could eat!

    ReplyDelete